Friday, July 15, 2011

Quick update

I had my 35 week appointment yesterday. On Thursdays, I now go to the office for a NST and a regular appointment. The NST went well. Jackson was cooperative for once. The doctor was concerned that I'm still having so many contractions since the accident, so she checked my cervix again. I'm still not dilated at all, surprisingly, but it's apparently very soft. That's a good sign that labor is coming, but not necessarily of when. She decided to do a quick ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid levels. She discovered that I'm quite blessed with amniotic fluid. Funny way to put it, but that's what she said. Jackson is definitely head-down, though, which is great. Everything is looking great. I've still only gained 3 pounds overall. I'm hoping that after he's born, I'll drop the normal amount of weight and end up weighing a good fifteen or more pounds less than I did when I got pregnant. That would be fabulous! My blood pressure is still good. Diabetes is well controlled. Because of everything else, though, the doctor acted like she was really hoping that I'd make it to 37 weeks, but she didn't sound very hopeful. They can say that all they want, but there's no good way to know. Regardless, I'm glad I've kicked it into high gear to get stuff done around the house. Guess I should pack my hospital bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment