Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Getting out...

(It's not as easy as it used to be!)

When I was pregnant with #2, I was convinced I would never go anywhere by myself with both kids. While I haven't done much of it, there seems to be a common theme: Jack always needs his entire outfit changed just moments before we leave the house. We've been to church every Sunday since he was born, which is just me and the kids since Kraig is obviously there for both services. Multiple Sundays Jack has needed changed because he's pooped through his clothes. One Sunday there was projectile spit-up which actually came while I was getting him dressed and managed to get his, mine and Kate's clothes dirty. We were late that day. It never fails. Other than going to church, though, I haven't gone anywhere with both of them. I'm a little intimidated. I grocery shop on Kraig's day off so that I don't have to take one or both of them. It's been that way for a long time, but what if I did take them both? Where would the groceries go? Where would the kids go? I don't wanna know. It won't be long and I'll be forced to do it, but until then I'm pretending that it's not an option.

In other news, we've had several good, non-colicky nights in a row. Praise the Lord (and knock on wood?)! I'm very grateful for that. Kate's doing well, too. She went to bed last night and down for her nap tonight without a pacifier. No, I didn't take it away, we just couldn't find any last night. So, if/when they resurface, they're going in the trash. Next week we're going to start the big potty training push again. She's peed in the potty twice in the past week. Hopefully it'll go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment