Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cloth diaper update

In the midst of the chaos before Jack was born (falling, car accident, etc) I switched Kate to disposable diapers. I was planning to when he was born so that I'd have a few weeks off laundry duty, but I needed to do it earlier. I wasn't up to doing laundry, that's for sure. I got some good sales and bought a couple boxes. At this point, I still have about a half of a box left, so I decided to put her back in cloth last week and use the leftover disposables for when we were out of the house. That plan failed. Kate's apparently grown in the last two months or so, and the cloth diapers no longer fit. She acted like it was hurting her thighs when I put one on her, so I readjusted it. She still wasn't very comfortable, but she stopped complaining. The next thing I know, however, is that she has very obviously peed through her diaper and her pants are soaking wet. They're definitely too small. Such a bummer! Since I already had a few dirty, I tried one on Jackson. They're obviously a little bulky on him, but they fit and did the job. He's still in disposables at this point, though, because I have more than a whole box of size ones left that aren't going to fit much longer. I had intended to use them for when we were out and about, but he's growing faster than I anticipated. Oh well!

So, that's the scoop. Not much happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment