Last Sunday, Jack turned 8 months old. I feel like the months are flying by. So, quick update on Jack:
- He's crawling like it's his job.
- He's decided crawling up the stairs is fun. Yikes.
- He's eating everything. Last week, for example, he had smashed potatoes, tilapia and asparagus for dinner one night, then spaghetti the next. Sunday after church, he ate more of Kate's mac and cheese than she did. He's still nursing well, though, which is great.
- He had his first ear infection last week:(
- He weighed 19lbs 12 oz (50th percentile) yesterday at his very late 6 month check up. He was 28 1/2 inches long (75th) and his head circumference was 95th percentile. Still growing great--right on track for a breastfed baby.
- He's cruising around everything he can pull himself up on.
- He says Ma-ma and Da-da, but not on demand of course!
- He prefers to steal his sister's sippy cup than use his own.
- He loves playing with little trucks and cars.
- His hair is looking increasingly red as it continues to come in. I'm thrilled:)
- When he's feeling well, he'll sleep through the night. Yay!
Kate is doing well, too. She has the attitude of a teenager, which is turning my hair gray. We're learning to recognize our letters and numbers and she's doing great. Her favorite food is still Chipotle. This was the first Easter that she understood more of what is going on. She keeps saying, "Jesus died so we could go to heaven?" Anytime she hears a song about heaven, she gets all excited and yells, "We're going to heaven!" It's very sweet. She loves her baby brother and he loves her. They play so well together at this stage that I couldn't be happier. I hope they continue to love each other like they do now!
Later this week, I'm hoping to finally post part three of the current series. No promises, however, with the way the last couple weeks have been! Hope you're all doing well:)